We are looking for a student to fill the position of Marketing Coordinator; 35 hours per week, for 8 weeks starting on or about June 20 at a pay of $18 per hour! This is mostly an on-site position with expectation that the student be working in Alexandria, ON.
This position is made possible by the Canada Summer Jobs program by the Government of Canada.
The Marketing Coordinator will assist the Executive Director in coordinating the marketing activities and initiatives of the organization. They will:
- Maintain our database of participants, partners and community supporters;
- Carry out promotional campaigns;
- Identify target audiences;
- Conduct market research;
- Evaluate current trends;
- Help record and measure social impact.
The Marketing Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Help develop strategic marketing initiatives and activities;
- Implement marketing plans that include print, social media and other online content;
- Coordinate and collate content to create campaigns and resources;
- Setup and monitor tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities;
- Conduct market research to identify marketing opportunities and amplify media/partner coverage;
- Manage internal and social media channels.
- Create, maintain and strengthen the organization’s overall brand through all media avenues;
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Participate in the organization’s team development process.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Must be a high school, college or university student in the previous 6 months;
- Must be bilingual (English/French);
- Solid organizational skills and detail oriented;
- Creative mind with strong written and verbal skills in English and French;
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and research proficiencies;
- Honesty, transparency and sensitivity to others;
- Tolerance of differences and self-awareness, ability and willingness to work with others;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Canva and web editing packages;
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team and with external stakeholders to meet deadlines and deliverables. Experience in content management, creative writing, social media management, web design and event coordination will be considered assets.
Please email your CV with a cover letter to hello[@]business-sisters.ca by Saturday, May 21, 2022.
Thanks for reading and helping us attract talent!